Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hi all, I have been in Sydney almost 2 weeks now. Arrived on Mar 8, moved straight into my apt and started work on the following day. Wearing tie and leather shoes take some getting used to, and the other day, my fingers got sore from too much email typing. Things here are good. The Ctibankers here are nice and like Citibankers all over the world, work rate is high. We push hard during the office hours and try to get out without too much OT.

Running culture here is much stronger than in Sg, so I'm happy. We even have a nice gym and shower/locker facilities. I took a run through the CBD and inti their botanics garden and opera house. Then got back to shower and put in some more work.
On days I leave office early, i even take the scenic route home.. take train, ferry and bus to get home.I stay in the north of Sydney, a place that is very much like our Katong area, residential, low rise and lots of makan place. Even got a S'pore restaurant that is featured in their makansutra equivalent.

on weekends , I play tourist.

am still trying to understand the CitiPhone set up and processes here. They are structured differently and some of the processes are just so different. I wont replicate our CitiPhone here, it wont work. Just need to see what fits here.
My citi email is back on, you can look for me there!

3 comments:

claudine said...

sounds great boss! at least there is shower this time after running :D

Jensen Loh said...

Thanks for the update, Boss. Your narrative had me visioning your current life in Australia. Couldn't help smiling on the sore fingers though...

3 months is a short time... Enjoy and soak in Australia as much as possible!

Unknown said...

Sydney is cool...

Try driving to Hunter Valley if you have a long weekend to spend, it will be worth your time.

Cheers!